· Check the weather before you leave. If possible just stay home.
· Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
· Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
· Always look and steer where you want to go.
· Pack blankets, gloves, hat, food, water and any needed medication in your vehicle.
· If you become snow-bound, stay with your vehicle.
· Don't over exert yourself if you try to push or dig your vehicle out of the snow.
· At night, keep the dome light on if possible. It's easier for rescuers to find you.
· Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
· Drive slowly. Everything takes longer on snow-covered roads.
· Don't power up hills. Applying extra gas on snow-covered roads just starts your wheels spinning
· Don't stop going up a hill. There's nothing worse than trying to get moving up a hill on an icy road. Get some inertia going on a flat roadway before you take on the hill.